Special Issue for SACPLAN and Town and Regional Planning Journal (2021)
Call for Papers
This call for papers is for the Special Issue for SACPLAN and Town and Regional Planning Journal to be published in December 2021. The theme for this special issue is “Cities for All / The right to the City”.
This special issue will have a wide range of topics that are related to the theme including:
- Women, youths, children, and the city/city regions
- Access to the public space by the vulnerable groups
- Migration and planning
- District development model
- Safety and access to public spaces in the city/city regions
- Environmental inequality and justice
- Recreational spaces in the city configuration
- Infrastructure deficit and access within the city/city regions
- Informal settlements in the city spaces
- Theoretical issues in the inequality spectrum in the city/city regions
- Urban liveability and the challenges of social inclusion
SACPLAN and Town and Regional Planning Journal hereby invite both scholarly articles as well as review articles (papers that have a strong practical implementation aspect) on the mentioned topics.
Please take note of the following dates:
- Submission deadline: Draft papers -30 June 2021
- Papers under review: July-August
- Comments send to authors: August – September
- Author revisions of peer-reviewed papers: October 2021 (two weeks)
- Special issue published: December 2021
Visit Town and Regional Planning website for Journal contact details.