While Nkangala District Municipality acknowledge that the mandate around facilitating access to land, housing and services is largely vested in the State, and functions appropriated across the three spheres of Government the participation in the Development arena and specifically access to land and residential housing development is, however, open to a wider array of able and willing parties in accordance with their defined goals and objectives. In this regard commercial, traditional leaders, property developer, mining sector and banking sector motives of parties outside the State must be acknowledged in relation to the access to land and Human settlements delivery, value chain.
The intent of this summit is to create a platform to:
- To deal with land and housing related matters for the purposes of achieving spatial transformation and access to adequate housing in the Nkangala District.
- To identify obstacles precluding land and human settlement development and provide implementable solutions.
- To draw from experiences of other institutions in relation to land and human settlement matters.
- To identify opportunities in the private sector for young people to participate in the Implementation of the Social Contract for Development of Human Settlements.
- Engage the private sector on potential enabling changes that the district could consider in support of the delivery of affordable housing/mixed-use development at scale.
- Examine ways to upscale innovation and transformative technologies to build smart communities for connectivity, resilience, economy, and dignity.
Event description is based directly on the source.